Saturday, May 31, 2014

A Godly Man + A Godly Husband + A Godly Father = A Family in Eternity




It has been since January that I have posted but with school, work, and with raising the boys, it gets kinda busy around here. I can say proudly that I have just finished my Spring Semester at Texarkana College and managed to get 4 more classes under my belt.  The boys survived the school year as well and every one passed and managed to walk away with many accomplishments . So we are All Good and ready for Summer Break. As I have come to the end of the school year I have caught myself several times thanking God for holding my hand through this year and finding myself  amazed that it all happened. When I decided to go back to school...or you can say... was talked in to , I had many doubts that it would even happen.  I registered and as I did I just knew I couldn't do it but I was going to go ahead  so I could say that I tried.  Here I am finishing up my 3rd year (kinda slow with also having a job) and I am amazed at myself. Well, I say with myself but I really am amazed at God.  I know I shouldn't be amazed by God because he can do anything but I am. I am not amazed because I doubted that he could help me through but that he wanted to. We all struggle at times with what our purpose is here on earth and sometimes you never find it.  We take paths that we think might be or that we want to be our purpose but then we end up hitting a dead end. Why is it so hard when we are told over and over again that God loves us so much and will take care of us that we are shocked when he does? Maybe because it keeps reminding us how Awesome he really is. I just can't get enough of him and of the fact that HE LOVES ME! I have managed to get enough classes behind me that I needed to transfer to Texas A&M to finish up. It isn't that big of a deal at all but it is the next step and will be the final place before I graduate.  It was much more exciting registering for the fall being able to start Education Classes and feel like I am ready to learn what I am getting my degree in. 


Made it feel a little more real.

Another thing that I am so blessed to have to get me through is my husband.  I have a huge fan club to finish school and I appreciate that more than you know but my husband is my biggest fan.  He is my cheerleader, he is my Blue Crew ( for all you Redwater Dragons).  He is my strength and he is my sanity most of the time.  This past semester I had class until 9:00pm 2 nights a week and he always had the boys taken care of.  Not only was I gone 2 nights but I spent many, many, ok let me say most nights in my room with the door closed studying.  He fixed dinner almost every night, he made sure homework got done, kids were bathed (most of the time, they were really good at talking him out of it) and was always ready to talk to me about my long day after I would come in.. He always wanted to know if I had eaten (sometimes I would have not) and he would tell me how that wasn't good and would encourage me to eat a snack or heat me up some leftovers that he had made.  He never complained about the house  being dirty and if it did bother him, he blamed the boys every time. He made sure the laundry that was needed was done and it was never expected of me to do it.  With all that said...you ask me how I do it. I don't... he does. All of these things are so important to help us  get through and make it work but more than all of these things, he is our provider. (1 Timothy 5:8)  He works long hours at least 5 days a week, including one 14 hour day  and one Saturday a month.  He is my provider because he provides me with the love that the bible instructs a husband to give.(Ephesians 5:25). He is my boy's provider because he is living the example that Christ has asked us to live and he is doing everything possible to bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord. ( Ephesians 6:4) Brian is our leader in our home.  He knows what God expects of him and he does it.  I can honestly say, what you see is what you get with this guy.  He is strong in many ways but he is strongest in his belief and relationship with God.  He keeps me going, he keeps me on track and I'm glad he plans to keep me forever. 


With all of that said above, I hope we don't claim to be perfect. Things seem to be going our way on paper and they are going pretty good, but it is work... It is a lot of work.  We have been through our ups and downs and we have learned to love each other over the years.  Not that we didn't love each other when we got married ,but our love has grown through time, challenges and changes.  Marriage and family is a lot of work... A whole lot of work. It doesn't just happen. God doesn't promise YOU happiness in marriage but he does give us instructions on how to make it work and if You do what it says there will be happiness.  Yes God wants you to be happy but he doesn't expect you to give yourself that happiness. You receive that by giving it to others.  Sanctus Real has a song out called Lead Me.  It has been out a long time and many of you have probably heard hit.  I am posting it on here for you to see and listen to.  The first one is story behind it and then I have also posted the music video.  God is Awesome and he is always right. SO, with knowing that, if he gives us the answers of how to make it work....why would we fight against it? Selfishness is not the way so don't try and convince yourself that....ok? Sometimes we get so comfortable with things here on earth, that we forget our main goal. We want to go to heaven but remember we are responsible for our kids salvation also.  AND if we don't lead them not only will they not be in heaven but we won't either. Guys, Husbands, Dads this is for you. If you need a wake up call...let it be now because there might not be a later. 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment